The Mission statement for the Joy Factory is:
“To continue to be a Game Changer, changing one mind at a time”
The idea behind this is that I can change the status quo by equipping business owners to market their businesses and causes and to feel more confident in marketing and branding. I also educate people through advocacy and charity work. My hope is that my mission will spread from one individual to another, especially my business ethics.
I have devised a set of business values, or ‘girders’, as I call them, that hold up my business. They are there to protect my mental health and stress levels. I hope to encourage my clients and associates to follow my lead and slow down and chill out. Here they are:
- The Joy Factory is eerily quiet outside of the hours of 9am to 5.30pm. Don’t expect to hear back from me outside these hours or on the weekend. Nothing personal; I can do a better job for you if I’m fully rested! (Sometimes I wake up early or take time off in the day so you might get an email from me outside working hours)
- Lunch is eaten away from the desk and for a full hour wherever possible
- I only work one day, one week at a time to protect you and myself if I have a depressive episode (please ask me about this if you’re worried)
- The Joy Factory will make every effort to support local and independent businesses for services and use second-hand or British-made goods
- I will never advocate dishonesty and will always recommend putting your customer’s needs first
- Where a sale is not possible, I will offer to barter skills with me (e.g. LinkedIn lesson for Tax return help)
- I won’t chase you in desperation once you’ve met me, I’ll wait until if and when you’re ready to work with me
- I stand for justice and will always stand up for the misunderstood and misrepresented, particularly those with a mental health problem
- The Joy Factory is completely closed once a quarter to retreat and plan
- I will keep my knowledge of my industry up to date to help the people I work with succeed.
(Updated on the 3rd May, 2019. Katie Moritz)